Hemp CBD vs. Marijuana CBD
CBD can be extracted from both hemp and marijuana plants. While hemp and marijuana plans look similar, there are distinct differences between the two—mainly the amount of CBD and THC in each plant. The difference between CBD and THC is multifaceted, but most people are interested in whether hemp CBD oil can cause the same psychoactive effects as marijuana.
The short answer is no, CBD oil from industrial hemp has 0.3% or less THC in it, which isn’t enough to give you that “high” feeling. Marijuana CBD oil doesn’t have that restriction and can contain more, possibly causing unwanted symptoms. This is why the majority of CBD products, including all products sold by Frontier Jackson, are hemp based.
Full Spectrum CBD Hemp Oil vs. CBD Isolate
CBD and THC, the two most popular and well-known cannabinoids, are far from the only ones in the cannabis plant.
Full spectrum CBD oil keeps all of those cannabinoids, terpenes, vitamins, and nutrients working together to create a balanced option for your wellness. CBD isolate takes the opposite tactic, focusing on the purest form of CBD available (presented in a crystal or powder), which can then be made into a tincture or added to food.
Because of the beneficial properties found in the additional cannabinoids, terpenes, and other components found in full spectrum CBD, it’s the preferred choice by many. Many believe that all the components of a plant working together is much more powerful than isolated components on their own. This is often referred to as “the entourage effect.”
Ways to Take CBD
There are several great ways to use CBD. Depending on how quickly you’d like to experience effects, price, and your personal taste, you might want to try different methods to see what works best for you.
Pure CBD Oil
CBD oil is extracted directly from hemp plants. This method often carries a bigger price tag because it tends to have the highest levels of CBD. Full spectrum CBD hemp oil contains other cannabinoids and nutrients, and it can be added to food, drinks, or consumed orally.
Benefits of Pure CBD Oil
- CBD oil is taken sublingually (i.e., held under the tongue for a minute before swallowing the remaining liquid) and absorbs into the bloodstream fairly quickly.
- The potent nature of CBD oil means that you don’t need a lot for desired effects.
- Some CBD oils are specially engineered for vaping, although you should be careful not to inhale anything that isn’t made exclusively for that purpose.
CBD Oil Tinctures
Although taken the same way as CBD oils, CBD tinctures are a specialized oil mixed with carrying agents like alcohol or flavored oils (fruit and mint are common). They take a liquid form and usually come with a dropper, although some are sprays or packaged in pump bottles.
Benefits of CBD Tinctures
- CBD tinctures are quick to absorb into the bloodstream when taken sublingually.
- These CBD products are often flavored, which can make them more palatable for the hemp averse.
- Tinctures tend to be a very affordable option for both beginners and experienced CBD users.
From lotions to lip balm, CBD topicals are anything that you apply directly onto your skin. Usually in a cream or wax form, these are great options for localized results, since they’ll be interacting with your skin versus absorbing into your bloodstream.
Benefits of CBD Topicals
- CBD topicals tend to be very affordable since they have a lighter density of CBD in them.
- The method of consumption means that CBD topicals are incredibly easy to use.
- The effects of CBD topicals can last for hours, so it’s easy to include them in your routine.
- CBD topicals are discreet, since using topicals in everyday life is very common.
CBD capsules and pills are exactly what they sound like: a powdered form of CBD inside a capsule is swallowed and absorbed through digestion. They have no taste and typically last longer than other methods.
Benefits of CBD Pills
- CBD pills and capsules have a set amount of CBD in them, so you don’t have to measure it out yourself.
- It’s very easy to use CBD pills, especially since most people have swallowed similar vitamins, supplements, or medications.
- Because CBD pills are absorbed when digested, they tend to have particularly long-lasting effects.
Although often associated with THC, edibles are a great way to consume CBD. CBD edibles are any food item with added CBD, from candies to pastries. CBD gummies, CBD gum, and other edibles are absorbed through the stomach during digestion.
Benefits of CBD Edibles
- They taste delicious. No matter your craving, you can probably find a flavor to match.
- Edibles must pass through the digestive system before they’re absorbed into the body. This means you’ll feel the benefits for a lot longer than other methods of CBD delivery.
- CBD edibles are perhaps the easiest method of CBD consumption.
CBD for Pets
Your furry, scaly, and feathered friends don’t have to be left out of the nationwide enthusiasm for CBD. There are several CBD products for pets, although the most popular are in the form of oils.
Benefits of CBD for Pets
- You won’t have to force-feed CBD supplements to your pets if you use the oil and tincture forms. Just add it to their food.
- CBD for pets is specifically formulated with the proper dosage, so it’s safe for your pets to use. However, you should always get your veterinarian’s approval beforehand.
There are many ways to take CBD. When choosing between products, it’s important to find a product that is high quality, that you enjoy taking, and that helps you achieve your lifestyle goals. Browse our selection of full spectrum CBD products today!
Try Frontier Jackson Premium CBD
Order Today & Get 15% Off
*Discount applied in cart